The 2021-2022 MBDA 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band is an opportunity for talented young musicians from across Minnesota to join together in the performance of quality concert band literature. Both the rehearsals and performance will take place at EDINA HIGH SCHOOL. The band will rehearse from approximately 8:30am to 8:00pm on Saturday, April 9 and rehearse starting at approximately 12:00pm and perform a concert on Sunday, April 10, 2022 at 2:00pm. Exact times will be provided upon acceptance. Please have students check their calendars BEFORE submitting auditions as attendance at all rehearsals is mandatory.
In order to be eligible, students must be involved in their school band program during this school year and their director must be an MBDA member, with active membership by November 1, 2021.. Full details of the audition process are on the Audition Letter, which is available to directors in their membership area on the MBDA website.
If you are a student, here’s how to audition:
Have your Band director download and share the audition materials with you.
Set a practice plan for yourself. Successful students in the past have:
- Started right away
- Practiced several times per week
- Made sure they were successful at slow tempos and then worked to speed up
- Received help from their director/private teacher
The audition window is open from November 29-December 6, 2021. It is important that students work with their directors on when directors wish to receive student recordings.
There is a $17 dollar application fee for students who submit auditions. This is payable via the MBDA website, and directors will receive that link unique to their students after submitting student audition information.
Notification of acceptance and music will be sent to directors in February 2022. If you are selected for the MBDA 6-8 or 9-10 Grade Honor Band:
You will be expected to attend all scheduled rehearsals and activities on April 9-April 10, 2022
The cost will be $85
Event questions? Please contact email@example.com
Audition questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
MBDA Honor Band Program Archives
- 1996-97 Middle Level Honor Band Program
- 1997-98 Middle Level Honor Band Program
- 1998-99 Middle Level Honor Band Program
- 1999-2000 Middle Level Honor Band Program
- 1999-2000 9/10 Honor Band Program
- 2000-01 Middle Level Honor Band Program
- 2000-01 9/10 Honor Band Program
- 2001-02 Middle Level and 9/10 Honor Band Program
- 2002-03 Middle Level and 9/10 Honor Band Program
- 2003-04 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2004-05 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2005-06 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2006-07 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2007-08 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2008-09 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2009-10 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2010-11 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2011-2012 6-8 & 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2012-2013 6-8 & 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2014 State Honor Band Program
Documents: Adobe Reader
Resource documents/downloads are available in the Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.
For troubleshooting or more information: